The occasional exploits of Brigadier 'Tubby' Bykleigh and the Rhanzlistan Field Force

Sunday 10 January 2016

The Mountains of Rhanzlistan










As it was so pleasant this afternoon, Sue and I went out for a drive and ended up near Newport in Shropshire. We popped into a local garden centre complex for a cup of tea and a wander about, just to pass the time really. In one building they were selling off Christmas stuff at between 30-50% reduction. In the  Christmas Village collection there were several display bases for the village buildings in the style of 'mountains'. They are made of vacuum formed plastic. I thought this one would be great for my Bhurpa tribesmen to swoop down from on unsuspecting Bolshies! As it cost me only £15 I think it was worth a punt! It measures 45" X 15" X 12" but there were others smaller, and one even bigger with a waterfall! I know it will need a lot of work to bring it up to the standard of the rest of the terrain ( cue Phil?) but I'm hopeful it will enhance the table top in due course. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I thought so too Stuart, but will be cumbersome to store in GHQ.

      Delete
  2. Ah, the mountains of the moon. Good discovery old chap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for agreeing to tart it up later in the year, Phil! Much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. вау интересный блог !

    ReplyDelete